The Literature Club of T.Romana College was formed on 17th October 2006 with the collaboration of the two literature departments of the College, the English and the Mizo departments. The first meeting was held on the very same day and the leaders were elected as follows.
- President : Ms. Dorothy Zonunsangi Senior Lecturer, Dept. Of English
- Secretary : Ms. Catherine Lalhruaitluangi Chhangte Lecturer, Dept. Of English
The posts of Vice-President and Assistant Secretary are filled by students who are members of the Club. The remaining members of the two concerned departments are Advisory Members of the Club.
Membership is compulsory for all honours students of the English and Mizo departments. At the same time, membership is open to all students and faculty members who are interested. A nominal membership fee of Rs. 5/- shall be collected from all members of the Club.
Aims and Objectives
- The Literature Club shall aim to create literary awareness among the students as well as staff members of the college. In other words, it shall seek to promote the importance of literature for the developing Mizo culture and society.
- It shall also seek to promote the production of literary works in the different genres.
- Most importantly, the club shall seek to encourage studying of new literary trends that may or may not be included in the syllabi created by the Mizoram University, so as to be updated on the recent developments in literacy discourse.
The members of the club have made visits to the State Library, Mizoram State Archives and the State Museum which served as an inspiration for its members. The Literature Club of T.Romana College is currently seeking affiliation to the Mizo Academy of Letters, which we hope to attain very soon.