An international Seminar on 'Exploring the History, Culture, and Identity of the Chins' was held at Tourist Lodge, Aizawl from 13th - 15th October, 2008. This was the first ever international seminar held in the state. The event was divided into seven (7) Academic Sessions and thirty three (33) papers ranging from topics relating to ethnicity, identity, ecology, globalization, food, music, etc. were presented. On the Second Day Mr Malsawmliana, Lecturer, Department of History, Govt. T.Romana College also presented a paper on 'The Sacrificial Post of the Chins in Burma and the Lusei: A Comparative Study'.
The Seminar was hosted by the Department of History and Ethnography, Mizoram University and several scholars and academicians from various Universities in India and abroad participated. Some of the notable participants include:
- Prof. F.K. Lehman, Professor of Anthropology and Linquistics and in the Program of Cognitive Science, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, USA.
- Prof. George Bedell, Professor of Linguistics, Payap University, Thailand.
- Dr. A.K. Thakur and Dr. V. Ruata Rengsi, Readers, Department of History, North Eastern Hill University, Shillong
- Dr. Salai Tun Than, California, USA
- Lianboi Vaiphei, Lecturer, Indrapratha College, New Delhi.
- Prof. R.C.Gupta, SASRD, Nagaland University,
- Dr. Lian H.Sakhong, Chin Forum.
- Dr. Nongthombam Jiten, Research Associate, Centre for Myanmar Studies, Manipur University.
- Dr. M.N. Rajesh, Lecturer, Department of History, Hyderabad University.